Keith Levit, Getty Images
Poverty is a moral issue, according to William Easterly, a professor of economics at New York University, who recently spoke to Christianity Today about caring for the poor. He said in the interview that more consideration should be taken in considering those in poverty.
“I realized our attitude towards the poor is so often condescending and paternalistic,” Easterly said to Christianity Today. “We think of them as helpless individuals. We don't respect their dignity as individuals.”
- The 10 most livable small towns
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,...
- Most American high schoolers don't know how...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make you...
- Consumers are padding their checking accounts
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 13
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 5
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2
- Before you head off on your vacation,... 2
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,... 1