Keith Levit, Getty Images
Poverty is a moral issue, according to William Easterly, a professor of economics at New York University, who recently spoke to Christianity Today about caring for the poor. He said in the interview that more consideration should be taken in considering those in poverty.
“I realized our attitude towards the poor is so often condescending and paternalistic,” Easterly said to Christianity Today. “We think of them as helpless individuals. We don't respect their dignity as individuals.”
- 15 jobs that are safe from the robot takeover
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- Summit County sees credit card breach after...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- Cantwell targets small business loan gender gap
- 10 things to know about corporate... 27
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 12
- California push to avert higher gas... 10
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 8
- It's about time the government... 6
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 3
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely... 3