BYU tennis: No. 58 BYU women’s tennis looks to rebound after first conference loss
No. 58 BYU women’s tennis hopes to bounce back from its first West Coast Conference loss this season as it returns home to face Santa Clara on Friday at noon MDT at the Outdoor Tennis Courts.
“We’re playing well,” BYU head coach Lauren Jones-Spencer said. “The biggest thing is just staying disciplined and focused on our goals and working on them every day in practice.”
The Cougars (8-7, 4-1 WCC) fell, 5-2, last weekend to No. 40 Pepperdine in a battle for first place.
The day before the loss, BYU took care of Loyola Marymount by the score of 5-2. Sophomore Nicolette Tran helped the team clinch the win with her victory at third singles. Also picking up singles wins were freshmen Mayci Jones, Savannah Ware and Toby Miclat.
The Cougars aim to get their first-ever win against the Broncos (7-7, 2-2 WCC) in the WCC. Santa Clara owns the head-to-head record, 2-0.
Live scoring will be available for the match on the BYU Athletics website.
BYU stays home next week for a matchup with San Diego on April 12 at noon MDT.
McKay Perry is the sports information director for BYU men's and women's tennis. Contact him at email@example.com
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars So'oto,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall,...
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us what to...
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a repeat...
- BYU offense looking for much better...
- BYU football: Jordan Johnson and Robertson...
- Rock On: Getting real at BYU, Weber State
- College football predictions: How will... 60
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36
- Cougars' 2014 schedule a far cry from... 31
- BYU football: Taysom Hill's experience,... 30
- Sports BLT: BYU fan gets creative with... 29
- Dick Harmon: 5 former BYU quarterbacks... 25
- Bronco Mendenhall feels re-energized... 25