BYU tennis: No. 58 BYU women’s tennis looks to rebound after first conference loss
No. 58 BYU women’s tennis hopes to bounce back from its first West Coast Conference loss this season as it returns home to face Santa Clara on Friday at noon MDT at the Outdoor Tennis Courts.
“We’re playing well,” BYU head coach Lauren Jones-Spencer said. “The biggest thing is just staying disciplined and focused on our goals and working on them every day in practice.”
The Cougars (8-7, 4-1 WCC) fell, 5-2, last weekend to No. 40 Pepperdine in a battle for first place.
The day before the loss, BYU took care of Loyola Marymount by the score of 5-2. Sophomore Nicolette Tran helped the team clinch the win with her victory at third singles. Also picking up singles wins were freshmen Mayci Jones, Savannah Ware and Toby Miclat.
The Cougars aim to get their first-ever win against the Broncos (7-7, 2-2 WCC) in the WCC. Santa Clara owns the head-to-head record, 2-0.
Live scoring will be available for the match on the BYU Athletics website.
BYU stays home next week for a matchup with San Diego on April 12 at noon MDT.
McKay Perry is the sports information director for BYU men's and women's tennis. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 52
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 36
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game... 26