Recently I read accounts about billionaires who seem to believe that because they have acquired more money than they really know what to do with, they have also acquired a lot of wisdom.
It seems that Mayor Bloomberg of New York City wants to tell people what to eat or drink, and how much they can or should. The founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, on the other hand, appears to be intent on telling us how our children should be taught and tested. Apparently, these billionaires believe that they can buy anything with money — and, again, apparently, they are right.
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 48
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16