Recently I read accounts about billionaires who seem to believe that because they have acquired more money than they really know what to do with, they have also acquired a lot of wisdom.
It seems that Mayor Bloomberg of New York City wants to tell people what to eat or drink, and how much they can or should. The founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, on the other hand, appears to be intent on telling us how our children should be taught and tested. Apparently, these billionaires believe that they can buy anything with money — and, again, apparently, they are right.
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood... 53
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 49
- Letter: Erratic protests 31
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23