Recently I read accounts about billionaires who seem to believe that because they have acquired more money than they really know what to do with, they have also acquired a lot of wisdom.
It seems that Mayor Bloomberg of New York City wants to tell people what to eat or drink, and how much they can or should. The founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, on the other hand, appears to be intent on telling us how our children should be taught and tested. Apparently, these billionaires believe that they can buy anything with money — and, again, apparently, they are right.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 64
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- My view: What message does Melania's... 35
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30