SALT LAKE CITY — The 5th District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for two vacancies on the juvenile court and is seeking public input on the candidates. The 5th District includes Beaver, Iron and Washington counties.
The nominees are Washington County deputy attorney Angela Adams MacKay; Washington County Justice Court Judge Paul E. Dame; Iron County Attorney Scott Garrett; Michael F. Leavitt, shareholder, Durham Jones & Pinegar; and Julie L. Nelson, assistant attorney general, Utah Attorney General’s Office.
The vacancies result from the retirement of Judge Hans Q. Chamberlain and the resignation of Judge Karla Staheli.
Written comments can be submitted to 5th District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Jon Pike at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for written comments is noon on April 11.
After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- 10-month-old girl drowns in bathtub in Eagle...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 64
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 53
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 40
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15