SALT LAKE CITY — The 5th District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for two vacancies on the juvenile court and is seeking public input on the candidates. The 5th District includes Beaver, Iron and Washington counties.
The nominees are Washington County deputy attorney Angela Adams MacKay; Washington County Justice Court Judge Paul E. Dame; Iron County Attorney Scott Garrett; Michael F. Leavitt, shareholder, Durham Jones & Pinegar; and Julie L. Nelson, assistant attorney general, Utah Attorney General’s Office.
The vacancies result from the retirement of Judge Hans Q. Chamberlain and the resignation of Judge Karla Staheli.
Written comments can be submitted to 5th District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Jon Pike at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for written comments is noon on April 11.
After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- DWR eyeing minor changes to cougar, bobcat hunt
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14