SANDY — The Canyons School District is offering a free parents seminar on navigating social media for children.
The seminar is Tuesday, April 8, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Canyons Support Services Center, 9361 S. 300 East.
Leonard Sax, author of "Boys Adrift" and "Girls on the Edge," will present "Instagram Is Eating My Daughter, and My Son Won't Stop Playing Grand Theft Auto: What You Need to Know About the Emerging Worlds of Social Media."
The presentation includes research on the effects of video games, as well as social media skills and risks for both boys and girls.
Earlier in the day, Sax will offer Canyons teachers a workshop at Hillcrest High School on how to use gender awareness to break down stereotypes and broaden educational horizons for boys and girls.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9