SANDY — The Canyons School District is offering a free parents seminar on navigating social media for children.
The seminar is Tuesday, April 8, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Canyons Support Services Center, 9361 S. 300 East.
Leonard Sax, author of "Boys Adrift" and "Girls on the Edge," will present "Instagram Is Eating My Daughter, and My Son Won't Stop Playing Grand Theft Auto: What You Need to Know About the Emerging Worlds of Social Media."
The presentation includes research on the effects of video games, as well as social media skills and risks for both boys and girls.
Earlier in the day, Sax will offer Canyons teachers a workshop at Hillcrest High School on how to use gender awareness to break down stereotypes and broaden educational horizons for boys and girls.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Man dies in paragliding crash on Utah Lake
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 124
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19