SANDY — The Canyons School District is offering a free parents seminar on navigating social media for children.
The seminar is Tuesday, April 8, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Canyons Support Services Center, 9361 S. 300 East.
Leonard Sax, author of "Boys Adrift" and "Girls on the Edge," will present "Instagram Is Eating My Daughter, and My Son Won't Stop Playing Grand Theft Auto: What You Need to Know About the Emerging Worlds of Social Media."
The presentation includes research on the effects of video games, as well as social media skills and risks for both boys and girls.
Earlier in the day, Sax will offer Canyons teachers a workshop at Hillcrest High School on how to use gender awareness to break down stereotypes and broaden educational horizons for boys and girls.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12