What's new: 'Grace: a Sacred Cello Collection' inspires hope
Provided by Stone Angel Music
"GRACE: a Sacred Cello Collection," by Steven Sharp Nelson, Stone Angel Music, $16.98
Familiar songs include "Come, Come Ye Saints," "Come Thou Fount" and "Be Still, My Soul." Renditions of "The Traveler" from "Ephraim's Rescue" and "Tender Mercies" from "17 Miracles" are noteworthy songs included on the CD.
Along with Nelson, Marshall McDonald and Paul Cardall have helped with arrangements, songwriting and use of their piano talents to enhance the songs. The China Philharmonic Orchestra also performs in some of the pieces.
Nelson, who is a Utahn and member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, began playing the cello at the age of 8 and learned other instruments later on, according to information with the CD. Combining elements he learned from his other instruments, he innovated a new way to play cello. He uses these skills for his music, perhaps most famously in The Piano Guys YouTube videos alongside pianist Jon Schmidt.
The music seems to follow a theme of Mormon pioneer heritage as well as worshipful music about the Savior. The music can convey a spirit of peace, hope and fortitude for listeners to enjoy.
"Grace: a Sacred Cello Collection," produced by Stone Angel Music, is appropriate for all ages. The instrumental music lends well to Sabbath worship and studying or just for peaceful listening.
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now part...
- Couple with triplets expecting twins: 'We're...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Mormon father, son say horror genre isn't...
- Dating coaches address LDS singles' concerns
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- LDS Church provides food, other aid to...
- Pope Francis: The devil is real and...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 63
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 44
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now... 37
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- Defending the Faith: Doctrine and... 24
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 23
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- Days before deadline, brain cancer... 19