Tom Smart, Deseret News
SOUTH JORDAN — City officials have announced the construction of South Jordan's first splash pad.
The Oquirrh Shadows Splash Pad will be built now that funds have now been appropriated for its construction.
The splash pad is currently under design and expected to be constructed this spring, with plans to open in June.
The park will also have a restroom and utility room modeled after Fire Station No. 62, a 20-by-25 pavilion for picnics and shade, large berms landscaped around the park, parking in an adjacent parking lot and on the street, and landscaping to complement the park and splash pad.
Operating hours for the Splash Pad are expected to be Memorial Day to Labor Day from 10 a.m. to dusk.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 37
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 22
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14