Tom Smart, Deseret News
SOUTH JORDAN — City officials have announced the construction of South Jordan's first splash pad.
The Oquirrh Shadows Splash Pad will be built now that funds have now been appropriated for its construction.
The splash pad is currently under design and expected to be constructed this spring, with plans to open in June.
The park will also have a restroom and utility room modeled after Fire Station No. 62, a 20-by-25 pavilion for picnics and shade, large berms landscaped around the park, parking in an adjacent parking lot and on the street, and landscaping to complement the park and splash pad.
Operating hours for the Splash Pad are expected to be Memorial Day to Labor Day from 10 a.m. to dusk.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17