Tom Smart, Deseret News
SOUTH JORDAN — City officials have announced the construction of South Jordan's first splash pad.
The Oquirrh Shadows Splash Pad will be built now that funds have now been appropriated for its construction.
The splash pad is currently under design and expected to be constructed this spring, with plans to open in June.
The park will also have a restroom and utility room modeled after Fire Station No. 62, a 20-by-25 pavilion for picnics and shade, large berms landscaped around the park, parking in an adjacent parking lot and on the street, and landscaping to complement the park and splash pad.
Operating hours for the Splash Pad are expected to be Memorial Day to Labor Day from 10 a.m. to dusk.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an 'uncommon' life...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 42
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 29
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17