Tom Smart, Deseret News
SOUTH JORDAN — City officials have announced the construction of South Jordan's first splash pad.
The Oquirrh Shadows Splash Pad will be built now that funds have now been appropriated for its construction.
The splash pad is currently under design and expected to be constructed this spring, with plans to open in June.
The park will also have a restroom and utility room modeled after Fire Station No. 62, a 20-by-25 pavilion for picnics and shade, large berms landscaped around the park, parking in an adjacent parking lot and on the street, and landscaping to complement the park and splash pad.
Operating hours for the Splash Pad are expected to be Memorial Day to Labor Day from 10 a.m. to dusk.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17