Coming to even more theaters near you: the Christian-based film, 'God's Not Dead'
It’s true “God’s Not Dead” didn’t get its fair share of the spotlight in its opening weeks, especially with the light shining so brightly on juggernaut “Noah."
But now, the Christian-based drama is spreading its impact across the country.
The film’s website recently published a map that shows where in the country the movie can be seen. It’s crowded — packed with pins of where to see the movie. From the Northeast to the Southwest, the availability is expanding with hundreds more theaters showing the film.
Starting Friday, new cities in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia and Iowa will all get a chance to check out the film, according to the website.
So far it's been successful. Kandra Polatis recently wrote for Deseret News National that “God’s Not Dead” climbed to the fifth spot at the box office in its opening weekend, coming in behind popular offerings like “Divergent” and “Muppets Most Wanted."
"Agnostics out there who kind of believe, kind of don’t ... these are the independent voters," said star Kevin Sorbo about the movie to The Blaze. "We want them to come over to the right side."
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Dan Jackson calls on family experience to...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- After government topples crosses in China,...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 74
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 65
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 49
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 29
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 21
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 19
- What life was like for the Mormon... 15