SOUTH SALT LAKE — A Granite School District counselor has received recognition for her efforts to help children, teachers and families.
Shandi Engman, who works at Elk Run Elementary and Magna Elementary schools, was dubbed the elementary school winner in the I Love My School Counselor state contest.
The campaign, sponsored by the Utah School Counselor Association, invited Utah students and adults to nominate their favorite school counselors.
Engman was nominated by Elk Run Elementary fifth-grade teacher Cindi Fisher.
“Over the years I have had the opportunity to work very closely with her, helping students with a myriad of problems. She is very knowledgeable about resources that can help kids and is very empathetic in dealing with them," Fisher said. "She also works very closely with parents and has patience and resources to help them be the best parents that they can."
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Utah's Southwest Region recognizes the 2015...
- New study suggests urban students do...
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a large...
- USU's class of 2015 turned loose
- Graduation day: NBA star Damian Lillard gets...
- Students find spiritual resources at...
- Photos: Hands-on learning about Utah's past
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Many 8th graders score poorly on US... 11
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student... 9
- How dangerous is bullying? New research... 4
- Graduation day: NBA star Damian Lillard... 3
- New study suggests urban students do... 3
- 16,000 former Corinthian Colleges... 1
- Taxpayers are already paying the bill... 1