Weber State's Davion Berry selected for Reese's College All-Star Game
Matt Gade, Deseret News
Weber State's Davion Berry, who was named an honorable mention Associated Press All-American on Monday, will play in the Reese's College All-Star Game this weekend at the Final Four festivities.
The all-star game features 21 seniors from around the country and will be played Friday on the NCAA Final Four floor at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The contest will be broadcast on tape delay Saturday at 10 a.m. MT on CBS.
Stanford coach Johnny Dawkins will coach the West All-Stars, while Maryland head coach Mark Turgeon will coach the East All-Stars.
Berry is the second player from the Big Sky Conference to play in the contest, now in its sixth season.
The 6-foot-4 senior guard/forward was named this year's Big Sky Conference MVP and averaged 19.2 points per game while helping Weber State advance to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2007. Against Arizona in their NCAA tournament matchup, Berry scored 24 points, his 19th game with 20 or more points this season.
Berry also led the Wildcats in assists (3.94 per game), steals (0.97) and free-throw percentage (.823). He also finished the season fifth in the league in assists and seventh in free-throw percentage.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 95
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 77
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 53
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 43
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 28
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26