Weber State's Davion Berry selected for Reese's College All-Star Game
Matt Gade, Deseret News
Weber State's Davion Berry, who was named an honorable mention Associated Press All-American on Monday, will play in the Reese's College All-Star Game this weekend at the Final Four festivities.
The all-star game features 21 seniors from around the country and will be played Friday on the NCAA Final Four floor at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The contest will be broadcast on tape delay Saturday at 10 a.m. MT on CBS.
Stanford coach Johnny Dawkins will coach the West All-Stars, while Maryland head coach Mark Turgeon will coach the East All-Stars.
Berry is the second player from the Big Sky Conference to play in the contest, now in its sixth season.
The 6-foot-4 senior guard/forward was named this year's Big Sky Conference MVP and averaged 19.2 points per game while helping Weber State advance to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2007. Against Arizona in their NCAA tournament matchup, Berry scored 24 points, his 19th game with 20 or more points this season.
Berry also led the Wildcats in assists (3.94 per game), steals (0.97) and free-throw percentage (.823). He also finished the season fifth in the league in assists and seventh in free-throw percentage.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37