SALT LAKE CITY — Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake has named Goldman Sachs its Community Partner of the Year in recognition of volunteer service and financial support.
Rosanne Reneo, a managing director for Goldman Sachs, along with David Lang, managing director and head of Goldman Sachs' Salt Lake offices, accepted the award at the Lied Boys & Girls Club in the city’s Poplar Grove neighborhood.
Reneo, a Boys & Girls Clubs board member, says she loves spending time with children and supporting the clubs.
“They play such an integral role in the community and toward the future success of our kids,” she said.
“Goldman Sachs employees are not afraid to get their hands dirty and put in real work to support the youth in our communities,” says LeAnn Saldivar, CEO of Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake.
“Our club looks clean and well-kept because Goldman employees were outside pulling weeds. Our kids had Christmas presents this year because Goldman employees gave them bicycles that they assembled with their own hands,” Saldivar said. “We are impressed and honored by their commitment.”
In addition to volunteer service, Goldman Sachs and its employees have contributed nearly $10,000 to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake through a combination of employee giving, the company employee gift-matching program, and sponsorships for the annual Be Great Gala.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 32
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11