Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
With Jay Hill moving on to Weber State, Utah’s Kyle Whittingham has taken on the additional duty of coaching special teams.
“A lot of times you wouldn’t think the head coach would care that much about special teams,” kicker Andy Phillips told the Deseret News. “But special teams is the most important thing on this team — is what he says — and he expects us to perform that way.”
Rock On is no genius, but considering the problems Utah has had with its quarterbacks, wouldn’t THAT be the most important thing on the team?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @therockmonster; Blog: Rockmonster Unplugged
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 41
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26