SANDY — Three finalists, including two Utah educators, were named Monday as finalists for the position of Canyons School District superintendent.
The finalists include Canyons Assistant Superintendent Kathryn McCarrie, Washington County School District administrator Craig Hammer and James Briscoe, a superintendent of schools in Dekalb, Ill.
According to a prepared statement, the finalists were selected by the Canyons Board of Education after three days of interviews with a select pool of candidates from around the country.
"It truly was a challenge to narrow the list to just three finalists," said Sherril Taylor, board president. "However, the board remains dedicated to finding the best possible leader for the district, and we're confident in the skills, talents and experience of those who remain in consideration for this vitally important position."
The board intends to conduct further interviews and select a new superintendent before July 1, when interim Superintendent Ginger Rhode will retire.
Rhode has served in the position since June 2013, following the resignation of the district's inaugural superintendent David Doty to join Education Direction, a Utah-based education consulting firm.
Canyons School District was created in 2008 after a split from the Jordan School District. The school district serves more than 33,670 students, according to Utah State Office of Education data, making it the fifth-largest school district in the state.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Dixie State board of trustees elects new...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 25
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13