April Fools! The top pranks, hoaxes and hijinks in sports
Ravell Call, Deseret News
April Fools' Day is upon us, which means everyone better be prepared for pranks.
That includes the world of sports.
Sure, there's the typical pie in the face or the photobomb, but these pranks take things to a whole new level in a good-natured way, of course. From a pitcher who could throw at impossible speeds to the "Great Imposter," here's some of our favorite sports-related pranks, hoaxes and hijinks.
Lafe Peavler is a staff sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow him on Twitter @LafePeavler.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19