Man charged with breaking into apartment and abusing BYU student
Utah County Jail
PROVO — A man accused of breaking into a BYU student's apartment and fondling her had given her a ride home from the store earlier that day, according to court documents.
Cyr Delinos Narcisse, 22, was charged late last week in 4th District Court with aggravated burglary, a first-degree felony, and forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
On March 18, prosecutors believe Narcisse and his roommate gave a woman and her friend a ride home from the grocery store. About 3 a.m. the next morning, investigators believe Narcisse returned to the Wyview Park Student Family Housing and entered the woman's apartment.
The woman, who got up after hearing the door open, was allegedly confronted by Narcisse in the apartment hallway.
"The male grabbed her and started kissing her on the mouth, telling her not to be afraid and stating, 'All I want to do is touch you,'" charging documents state.
Narcisse put his hands down the woman's shorts before putting her "in a headlock and pushed her into a door handle, causing bruising," according to the charges.
The woman fought back and tore part of his jacket, police say. After the woman screamed and fought back, her attacker let her go and ran out the door.
A nearby video security camera recorded a vehicle leaving the area about that time. Two days later, officers spotted a vehicle and a man who matched the earlier descriptions parked at the Stadium Terrace Apartments, 1960 N. Canyon Road.
Narcisse, who has a New York driver's license, was staying with a tenant who attends Utah Valley University. But officials do not believe Narcisse goes to UVU or BYU. Investigators also seized Narcisse's coat, which they say had a rip in it.
Police do not believe Narcisse is linked to 14 incidents of groping that have occurred on or near campus since January. BYU police have not made any arrests in those cases.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 17
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 10