Freshman RHP Bull led BYU to wins over No. 2/3 Oregon and Idaho State this past week, pitching 17.1 innings with 20 strikeouts and a 2.42 ERA. She pitched 6.1 innings against the Ducks with five strikeouts and giving up three earned runs. Despite being sick on Saturday, Bull came in to get the save in BYU’s 11-10 victory over Idaho State before holding the nation’s No. 11 scoring offense to two runs and striking out nine in a complete game 9-2 victory.
Freshman catcher Broderick led BYU at the plate hitting .600 in four games with two home runs, two triples, five RBIs, four runs and four walks. In the second game against Idaho State on Saturday, Broderick was a perfect 3-for-3 with a home run, a triple and three RBIs helping the Cougars overcome a 10-0 deficit. With the tying run at first in the top of the seventh, Broderick caught the runner stealing for the final out of the game to seal the win. In the next game, she went 2-for-3 with an RBI and a triple in a 9-2 victory.
BYU takes on Utah State on Wednesday at 4 p.m. MDT at Gail Miller Field. The game will be broadcast live on TheW.tv.
Spencer Shamo is a Communications major at BYU and the BYU softball SID.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- Morning links: Projecting the 2016 football...
- College football countdown No. 45: Harvey Unga
- BYU quarterback Taysom Hill explains why he's...
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12...
- Young cancer patient gives former Cougar Kyle...
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup: Baylor,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: Projecting the 2016... 73
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 62
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 58
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 45