Elder Christofferson attends dedication for new Manchester YSA building
Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints dedicated a new young single adult building in Manchester, England, on Sunday, March 16.
"It is an exciting place for us to be, where we have become more unified in our efforts," said Sophia Berry, chair of the YSA Council, in an article on MormonNewsroom.org.uk. "It means we have more opportunities to socialize, attend Institute classes throughout the week, enabling us to combine our university studies with our study of the gospel. This provides a lot of spiritual strength for us as our testimonies are built we are able to remember those covenants we have made."
The building is the first new YSA building in Europe and is located in Manchester, the same city where the first stake outside of North America was established in 1960.
Read more about the dedication at MormonNewsroom.org.uk.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 59
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3