Soccer player may have saved opponent's life after opponent is knocked out on pitch (+video)
An astounding act of heroism on the soccer pitch may have saved an opponent’s life in the Ukrainian Premier League on Sunday.
It all happened in the 22nd minute in a match between Dynamo Kiev and Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, when Kiev’s Oleh Husiev was knocked out cold after a collision with Dnipro’s goalkeeper.
However, Dnipro’s Jaba Kankava noticed something was wrong and did not hesitate, rushing to Husiev’s aid within seconds of the collision. Kankava then made sure Husiev’s airway was open, as doctors rushed to the scene.
According to Business Insider, one report from the stadium noted Husiev “appeared to swallow his tongue during the collision,” which blocked his airway after he was knock unconscious.
Husiev was taken to a hospital, where he received a “a closed craniocerebral injury, medium severity concussion, facial soft tissue bruise, big graze on the face, mandibular joint bruise and damage of three teeth,” according to a Kiev press release.
Dnipro won the match 2-0, but all of that seems irrelevant.
Check out the harrowing moments in the video above.
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Morning links: National college... 96
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 92
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 57
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 27
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 21