“We are increasing the velocity at which we feature all aspects of the choir,” said Brother Barrick. “Our start was rudimentary with a basic Facebook page, website and Twitter account. We’ve since added Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and now a blog. Our average engagement with fans is 30 percent higher since we started the blog.”
“Together, these digital and social media initiatives create a rising tide that lifts all ships,” said Brother Conrad. “Since we’ve taken this aggressive approach, we’ve seen an increase in Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube traffic as a whole. We are seeing growth across multiple channels.” By embedding videos in blog posts (90 percent of them have videos), the choir’s YouTube channel traffic has increased 10 percent. Total visits to the website increased 122 percent in January 2014 versus the monthly average.
“At the end of the day, it’s not about the numbers,” said Brother Barrick. ”It’s whether or not the choir has been able to be an ambassador for the Church. All these things are simply mechanisms to touch hearts and minds with the power of the choir’s music.”
The choir’s social media plan appears to be only in its infancy. “We are working on a number of other complementary ideas that will keep moving the choir forward online,” said Brother Barrick. “One of the things we’ve talked about is establishing a network of choir fans who are peer leaders in their own spheres of influence. These passionate fans would share the choir with their peers, allowing us to reach people we might not usually see on the site. It’s our own way to hasten the work.”
Some possibilities for the choir in the future might be a mobile choir app, a 24 hour stream on the Mormon Channel and being able to digitally download music on store.lds.org.
“Stay tuned,” said Brother Barrick. “There are great things coming by the end of the year.”
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5