Two people injured in Bountiful shooting; shooter still at large
BOUNTIFUL — A man and a woman are recovering after being shot late Friday night, and police say the shooter is still at large.
Police received a 911 call at 10:55 p.m. reporting that two people had been shot in the area of 2200 South and Orchard Drive and that the victims were in a vehicle driving to Lakeview Hospital.
Bountiful Police Lt. Dave Edwards said Matthew Bennion and Stephanie Smith were later transferred to University Hospital with gunshot wounds that were not considered life-threatening.
Investigators found multiple bullet holes in the victims' vehicle. A child who was also riding in the vehicle during the incident was not injured.
A witness to the shooting told police that a man in dark clothing fled the scene toward a nearby apartment building.
SWAT personnel responded and searched the area, but the shooter was not located. Police said the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the shooting is encouraged to contact the Bountiful Police Department at 801-298-6000.
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Fire rips through Draper garage during...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Three Salt Lake City golf courses slated for...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Job A Day program gives homeless people...
- Emergency preparedness deals for the...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 22
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15