Two people injured in Bountiful shooting; shooter still at large
BOUNTIFUL — A man and a woman are recovering after being shot late Friday night, and police say the shooter is still at large.
Police received a 911 call at 10:55 p.m. reporting that two people had been shot in the area of 2200 South and Orchard Drive and that the victims were in a vehicle driving to Lakeview Hospital.
Bountiful Police Lt. Dave Edwards said Matthew Bennion and Stephanie Smith were later transferred to University Hospital with gunshot wounds that were not considered life-threatening.
Investigators found multiple bullet holes in the victims' vehicle. A child who was also riding in the vehicle during the incident was not injured.
A witness to the shooting told police that a man in dark clothing fled the scene toward a nearby apartment building.
SWAT personnel responded and searched the area, but the shooter was not located. Police said the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the shooting is encouraged to contact the Bountiful Police Department at 801-298-6000.
- What Utah voters need to know for the 2016...
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah, but lead...
- Two arrested in dangerous Taylorsville chase,...
- Celebrate July 4 at South Salt Lake Freedom...
- Logan toddler killed in driveway accident...
- UTA offers late TRAX, S-Line service for Utah...
- Dam project forces closure of Tibble Fork area
- Two arrested for allegedly siccing pit bull...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah,... 43
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 27
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21