Two people injured in Bountiful shooting; shooter still at large
BOUNTIFUL — A man and a woman are recovering after being shot late Friday night, and police say the shooter is still at large.
Police received a 911 call at 10:55 p.m. reporting that two people had been shot in the area of 2200 South and Orchard Drive and that the victims were in a vehicle driving to Lakeview Hospital.
Bountiful Police Lt. Dave Edwards said Matthew Bennion and Stephanie Smith were later transferred to University Hospital with gunshot wounds that were not considered life-threatening.
Investigators found multiple bullet holes in the victims' vehicle. A child who was also riding in the vehicle during the incident was not injured.
A witness to the shooting told police that a man in dark clothing fled the scene toward a nearby apartment building.
SWAT personnel responded and searched the area, but the shooter was not located. Police said the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the shooting is encouraged to contact the Bountiful Police Department at 801-298-6000.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 11