Two people injured in Bountiful shooting; shooter still at large
BOUNTIFUL — A man and a woman are recovering after being shot late Friday night, and police say the shooter is still at large.
Police received a 911 call at 10:55 p.m. reporting that two people had been shot in the area of 2200 South and Orchard Drive and that the victims were in a vehicle driving to Lakeview Hospital.
Bountiful Police Lt. Dave Edwards said Matthew Bennion and Stephanie Smith were later transferred to University Hospital with gunshot wounds that were not considered life-threatening.
Investigators found multiple bullet holes in the victims' vehicle. A child who was also riding in the vehicle during the incident was not injured.
A witness to the shooting told police that a man in dark clothing fled the scene toward a nearby apartment building.
SWAT personnel responded and searched the area, but the shooter was not located. Police said the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the shooting is encouraged to contact the Bountiful Police Department at 801-298-6000.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8