Two people injured in Bountiful shooting; shooter still at large
BOUNTIFUL — A man and a woman are recovering after being shot late Friday night, and police say the shooter is still at large.
Police received a 911 call at 10:55 p.m. reporting that two people had been shot in the area of 2200 South and Orchard Drive and that the victims were in a vehicle driving to Lakeview Hospital.
Bountiful Police Lt. Dave Edwards said Matthew Bennion and Stephanie Smith were later transferred to University Hospital with gunshot wounds that were not considered life-threatening.
Investigators found multiple bullet holes in the victims' vehicle. A child who was also riding in the vehicle during the incident was not injured.
A witness to the shooting told police that a man in dark clothing fled the scene toward a nearby apartment building.
SWAT personnel responded and searched the area, but the shooter was not located. Police said the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the shooting is encouraged to contact the Bountiful Police Department at 801-298-6000.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 47
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 24
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake... 19