Elise Amendola, Associated Press
Being a soon to be college graduate and moving into the harsh world of consumerism, there is no doubt that Americans crave affordability on this strictly paved road of middle-class living.
The best way to make Americans' hard-earned cash go further is to stop roaming the cluttered aisles of Walmart! Let’s make shopping at Walmart obsolete because Walmart has taught the world to not value quality or durability. Walmart chooses not to pay its employees enough, and Walmart ruins small "ma and pa" shops.
Should cut-rate and generic groceries be a deduction from your family’s checkbook? It’s not a surprise that Walmart has been the target of major child labor issues and its decreasingly small paycheck issues.
It has to employ cheap employees so it can sell us cheap products. On the other hand, if you were to buy a microwave from the local microwave shop, which could very well be owned by your friendly neighbors, it would last longer and keep them thriving in their business.
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21