Elise Amendola, Associated Press
Being a soon to be college graduate and moving into the harsh world of consumerism, there is no doubt that Americans crave affordability on this strictly paved road of middle-class living.
The best way to make Americans' hard-earned cash go further is to stop roaming the cluttered aisles of Walmart! Let’s make shopping at Walmart obsolete because Walmart has taught the world to not value quality or durability. Walmart chooses not to pay its employees enough, and Walmart ruins small "ma and pa" shops.
Should cut-rate and generic groceries be a deduction from your family’s checkbook? It’s not a surprise that Walmart has been the target of major child labor issues and its decreasingly small paycheck issues.
It has to employ cheap employees so it can sell us cheap products. On the other hand, if you were to buy a microwave from the local microwave shop, which could very well be owned by your friendly neighbors, it would last longer and keep them thriving in their business.
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 66
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 46
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23