BYU football: Cougars holding open scrimmage Saturday at LaVell Edwards Stadium
Matt Gade, Deseret News
PROVO — Fans anxious for a first glimpse at this year's BYU football team will have the chance to see the Cougars Saturday morning at LaVell Edwards Stadium. The team will hold an open scrimmage beginning at 11 a.m.
The day's events will start with a 40-minute kids clinic for school children up to the eighth grade. The clinic will be run by players and begins at 10 a.m.
BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall indicated that the scrimmage will generally follow regular practice format, with perhaps more scrimmaging. Most of the full-contact scrimmaging will feature "up-and-coming players" rather than those expected to start this coming season.
Gates for the event open at 9:30 a.m. and admission is free.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20