BYU football: Cougars holding open scrimmage Saturday at LaVell Edwards Stadium
Matt Gade, Deseret News
PROVO — Fans anxious for a first glimpse at this year's BYU football team will have the chance to see the Cougars Saturday morning at LaVell Edwards Stadium. The team will hold an open scrimmage beginning at 11 a.m.
The day's events will start with a 40-minute kids clinic for school children up to the eighth grade. The clinic will be run by players and begins at 10 a.m.
BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall indicated that the scrimmage will generally follow regular practice format, with perhaps more scrimmaging. Most of the full-contact scrimmaging will feature "up-and-coming players" rather than those expected to start this coming season.
Gates for the event open at 9:30 a.m. and admission is free.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45