Chocolate Dream Dessert that is creamy and nothing less than decadent
I met someone the other day who didn’t like chocolate. For a moment, I looked at him sideways.
I mean, who doesn’t like chocolate? I can understand maybe not loving it. No wait, I can’t even imagine that.
Chocolate is like another food group for me. I love the creamy, milky, sweet kind. Yes, I know that dark chocolate is good for you and all, but when it comes to chocolate, I don’t care about anything except how it tastes and makes me feel — which is fabulous.
This Chocolate Dream Dessert is one of the most decadent and delicious dishes I make. The shortbread crust is topped with a tangy cream cheese layer and then topped with a heavenly chocolate pudding filling. It is rich in flavor but light and creamy. Chocolate lovers rejoice. All others, I can only offer my condolences.
Belle’s Chocolate Dream Dessert
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup flour
1 cup pecans, chopped
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cool whip
1 (3.9 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding
1 (3.9 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
Combine the butter, flour, and nuts. Press into a 9- by-13-inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.
Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and whipped topping. Spread over the cookie layer.
Mix together both pudding packages and two cups milk. Beat until thick. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with rest of Cool Whip.
Chill for two hours before serving.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a Lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- The cost of child care trumps rent —...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker performs tribute to...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- The cost of child care trumps rent... 3
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Your presence is... 2
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending 2