Chocolate Dream Dessert that is creamy and nothing less than decadent
I met someone the other day who didn’t like chocolate. For a moment, I looked at him sideways.
I mean, who doesn’t like chocolate? I can understand maybe not loving it. No wait, I can’t even imagine that.
Chocolate is like another food group for me. I love the creamy, milky, sweet kind. Yes, I know that dark chocolate is good for you and all, but when it comes to chocolate, I don’t care about anything except how it tastes and makes me feel — which is fabulous.
This Chocolate Dream Dessert is one of the most decadent and delicious dishes I make. The shortbread crust is topped with a tangy cream cheese layer and then topped with a heavenly chocolate pudding filling. It is rich in flavor but light and creamy. Chocolate lovers rejoice. All others, I can only offer my condolences.
Belle’s Chocolate Dream Dessert
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup flour
1 cup pecans, chopped
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cool whip
1 (3.9 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding
1 (3.9 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
Combine the butter, flour, and nuts. Press into a 9- by-13-inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.
Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and whipped topping. Spread over the cookie layer.
Mix together both pudding packages and two cups milk. Beat until thick. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with rest of Cool Whip.
Chill for two hours before serving.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a Lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- Understanding love, handling conflict, other...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- After having a baby, dad's brain changes too
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes, but...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie?
- Family of teenage girl with burns on 65...
- Utah company brings Disney characters to...
- Nonprofit intervention program in Arizona...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 16
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 13
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 7
- As Common Core results trickle in,... 6
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into... 5
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- The Clean Cut: 5-year-old British boy... 3