Mormon Newsroom article says faith and family reinforce each other
Satoshi-K, Getty Images/iStockphoto
A recent commentary piece on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' Mormon Newsroom website notes that faith and family build on and depend upon one another.
"Working together, family and faith reinforce norms of right and wrong, teach us how to love our neighbors and provide a support base where children and parents navigate life’s challenges," according to the essay. "In other words, family and faith keep us from being alone."
The article, titled "Why Religion Matters: The Twinned Life of Family and Faith," also cites sociologist W. Bradford Wilcox and author Mary Eberstadt.
Read the full piece at MormonNewsroom.org.
Alison Moore is a writer for the Faith and Family sections at DeseretNews.com. She is studying journalism and editing at Brigham Young University.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @alison_kathleen
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Seventh-day Adventist leader calls on family...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- After government topples crosses in China,...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 65
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 50
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 32
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 24
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 19
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- After government topples crosses in... 11