Mormon Newsroom article says faith and family reinforce each other
Satoshi-K, Getty Images/iStockphoto
A recent commentary piece on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' Mormon Newsroom website notes that faith and family build on and depend upon one another.
"Working together, family and faith reinforce norms of right and wrong, teach us how to love our neighbors and provide a support base where children and parents navigate life’s challenges," according to the essay. "In other words, family and faith keep us from being alone."
The article, titled "Why Religion Matters: The Twinned Life of Family and Faith," also cites sociologist W. Bradford Wilcox and author Mary Eberstadt.
Read the full piece at MormonNewsroom.org.
Alison Moore is a writer for the Faith and Family sections at DeseretNews.com. She is studying journalism and editing at Brigham Young University.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @alison_kathleen
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 52
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2