Mormon Newsroom article says faith and family reinforce each other
Satoshi-K, Getty Images/iStockphoto
A recent commentary piece on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' Mormon Newsroom website notes that faith and family build on and depend upon one another.
"Working together, family and faith reinforce norms of right and wrong, teach us how to love our neighbors and provide a support base where children and parents navigate life’s challenges," according to the essay. "In other words, family and faith keep us from being alone."
The article, titled "Why Religion Matters: The Twinned Life of Family and Faith," also cites sociologist W. Bradford Wilcox and author Mary Eberstadt.
Read the full piece at MormonNewsroom.org.
Alison Moore is a writer for the Faith and Family sections at DeseretNews.com. She is studying journalism and editing at Brigham Young University.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @alison_kathleen
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 106
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 37
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 35
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 34
- New friends plan to work together to... 26
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 17
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- 5 reasons why we want to believe Jesus... 14