Mormon Newsroom article says faith and family reinforce each other
Satoshi-K, Getty Images/iStockphoto
A recent commentary piece on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' Mormon Newsroom website notes that faith and family build on and depend upon one another.
"Working together, family and faith reinforce norms of right and wrong, teach us how to love our neighbors and provide a support base where children and parents navigate life’s challenges," according to the essay. "In other words, family and faith keep us from being alone."
The article, titled "Why Religion Matters: The Twinned Life of Family and Faith," also cites sociologist W. Bradford Wilcox and author Mary Eberstadt.
Read the full piece at MormonNewsroom.org.
Alison Moore is a writer for the Faith and Family sections at DeseretNews.com. She is studying journalism and editing at Brigham Young University.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @alison_kathleen
- Mormon mission president held, robbed by...
- LDS missionaries meet London teen battling...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- New Harmony: Now pitching for the Angels:...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 11
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 7
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 7
- 5 must-see answers to faith's biggest... 7
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian... 5
- LDS missionaries meet London teen... 5