Mormon Newsroom article says faith and family reinforce each other
Satoshi-K, Getty Images/iStockphoto
A recent commentary piece on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' Mormon Newsroom website notes that faith and family build on and depend upon one another.
"Working together, family and faith reinforce norms of right and wrong, teach us how to love our neighbors and provide a support base where children and parents navigate life’s challenges," according to the essay. "In other words, family and faith keep us from being alone."
The article, titled "Why Religion Matters: The Twinned Life of Family and Faith," also cites sociologist W. Bradford Wilcox and author Mary Eberstadt.
Read the full piece at MormonNewsroom.org.
Alison Moore is a writer for the Faith and Family sections at DeseretNews.com. She is studying journalism and editing at Brigham Young University.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @alison_kathleen
- 19 inspiring Christmas quotes from President...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- LDS World: Jesus Christ is the solution
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- Defending the Faith: A modern witness... 44
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 27
- LDS Church to create new missions in... 20
- Christmas without Jesus 19
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 16
- Visiting minister urges unity among... 10
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 8