It’s often said faith has the power to heal. Now, science is backing it up. The Wall Street Journal recently reported that faith has the power to rid young people of addictions to drugs and alcohol, based on a new study that will be released in May.
“Increasing God-consciousness also appears to produce results,” WSJ reported. “Our study showed daily spiritual experiences predicted abstinence, increased social behavior and reduced narcissistic behavior. Even those who enter addiction treatment without a religious background can benefit from an environment where they are encouraged to seek a higher power and serve others.”
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 5
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 4
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 4