2005 NFL draft do-over: Would Alex Smith still be first overall pick?
Gregory Bull, Associated Press
If the 2005 NFL draft could be redone, would Alex Smith still be the No. 1 overall pick?
No, says NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks in a recent breakdown of the 2005 draft.
Brooks said the 49ers, who selected the former Ute with the top pick in 2005, would likely have gone with Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, while Smith would’ve been the one waiting hours in the NFL draft green room waiting for his name to be heard.
The analyst said he believes Smith would’ve slipped to the No. 15 overall pick, which happens to be Smith’s current team, the Kansas City Chiefs.
“Smith’s steady hand and superb leadership skills would’ve helped the Chiefs continue their winning ways long before 2013,” Brooks wrote in his analysis of the 2005 draft.
Check out Brooks’ 2005 NFL draft first round do-over here.
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Best of the West: Shifting teams around after...
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes still outstanding from...
- Morning links: ESPN's Chad Ford draft...
- Utes get it done at home again
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 99
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 62
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 56
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 37
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Utes get it done at home again 21