2005 NFL draft do-over: Would Alex Smith still be first overall pick?
Gregory Bull, Associated Press
If the 2005 NFL draft could be redone, would Alex Smith still be the No. 1 overall pick?
No, says NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks in a recent breakdown of the 2005 draft.
Brooks said the 49ers, who selected the former Ute with the top pick in 2005, would likely have gone with Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, while Smith would’ve been the one waiting hours in the NFL draft green room waiting for his name to be heard.
The analyst said he believes Smith would’ve slipped to the No. 15 overall pick, which happens to be Smith’s current team, the Kansas City Chiefs.
“Smith’s steady hand and superb leadership skills would’ve helped the Chiefs continue their winning ways long before 2013,” Brooks wrote in his analysis of the 2005 draft.
Check out Brooks’ 2005 NFL draft first round do-over here.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20
- Morning links: When will the Utes... 17