2005 NFL draft do-over: Would Alex Smith still be first overall pick?
Gregory Bull, Associated Press
If the 2005 NFL draft could be redone, would Alex Smith still be the No. 1 overall pick?
No, says NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks in a recent breakdown of the 2005 draft.
Brooks said the 49ers, who selected the former Ute with the top pick in 2005, would likely have gone with Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, while Smith would’ve been the one waiting hours in the NFL draft green room waiting for his name to be heard.
The analyst said he believes Smith would’ve slipped to the No. 15 overall pick, which happens to be Smith’s current team, the Kansas City Chiefs.
“Smith’s steady hand and superb leadership skills would’ve helped the Chiefs continue their winning ways long before 2013,” Brooks wrote in his analysis of the 2005 draft.
Check out Brooks’ 2005 NFL draft first round do-over here.
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 110
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 67
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 61
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 36