2005 NFL draft do-over: Would Alex Smith still be first overall pick?
Gregory Bull, Associated Press
If the 2005 NFL draft could be redone, would Alex Smith still be the No. 1 overall pick?
No, says NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks in a recent breakdown of the 2005 draft.
Brooks said the 49ers, who selected the former Ute with the top pick in 2005, would likely have gone with Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, while Smith would’ve been the one waiting hours in the NFL draft green room waiting for his name to be heard.
The analyst said he believes Smith would’ve slipped to the No. 15 overall pick, which happens to be Smith’s current team, the Kansas City Chiefs.
“Smith’s steady hand and superb leadership skills would’ve helped the Chiefs continue their winning ways long before 2013,” Brooks wrote in his analysis of the 2005 draft.
Check out Brooks’ 2005 NFL draft first round do-over here.
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- The BYU international basketball tracker: How...
- Booker, other locals could get NFL draft...
- Decades later, Thurl Bailey and N.C. State...
- BYU men's volleyball: Underwood and others...
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for Utah
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns from...
- Dick Harmon: So, another Kaufusi goes hybrid...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 81
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi an intriguing NFL... 26
- Morning links: NFL Draft prospect news... 18
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 17
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 15
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- BYU football announces full spring... 12