BYU tennis: No. 51 BYU women’s tennis takes momentum on the road
After an impressive three-straight victories last weekend, No. 51 BYU hits the road for matches against Loyola Marymount on Friday at 1:30 p.m. PDT and No. 40 Pepperdine on Saturday at 11 a.m.
“We’re finally starting to play our best tennis right now toward the end of season, which is ultimately what our goal was this season — to play our best tennis in conference,” BYU head coach Lauren Jones-Spencer said. “Coming off that last win is huge. I think it will give us some momentum going into this weekend.”
Last weekend the Cougars improved to 7-6 overall and 3-0 in West Coast Conference play, including upset wins over No. 62 Marshall and No. 38 Saint Mary’s. The last time BYU defeated a team in the top 40 was in 2007 during Jones-Spencer’s senior season of collegiate tennis.
The Lions (6-9, 0-2 WCC) have conference losses against San Francisco and Santa Clara. BYU will be looking to improve its 1-2 all-time mark against LMU.
Against Pepperdine (8-4, 2-0 WCC), it will be a battle of the top two conference teams. The Cougars are 6-6 all-time against the Waves.
BYU returns home for a showdown with Santa Clara on April 4 at noon MDT.
McKay Perry is the sports information director for BYU men's and women's tennis. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- BYU's 25-point win over UConn best margin of...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 52
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 36
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a... 36
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us... 33
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28