Many teams in the NBA are taking a new strategy — tanking, which is when a team doesn’t do anything to win to get a higher draft pick for the following season. But this is an odd concept for business owners, The Atlantic reported, but there’s a lot businesses can learn from it.
“In basketball and in business, big changes are sometimes warranted,” The Atlantic reported. “But too often, splashy moves are made because they’re splashy — and because making one big bet is easier than making lots of small, hard decisions. The big lie about tanking is that it’s a prudent long-term strategy, when in fact it’s just another get-rich-quick scheme.”
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Want that new gadget? Here are some ways to...
- How to get the best deals this fall
- How to be a billionaire
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 11
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 8
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 6
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- How to be a billionaire 3
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah... 3