Police link bank robberies, hope to bring home Bacon
Salt Lake City Police Department
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are seeking a man in connection with a series of recent bank robberies throughout Salt Lake and Davis counties.
Salt Lake City police say Michael Bacon, 45, is linked to at least five robberies in February:
Feb. 2 — Zions Bank, 870 N. U.S. 89, North Salt Lake.
Feb. 19 — Mountain America Credit Union, 735 S. State St.
Feb. 21 — Zions Bank, 3712 W. 3500 South, West Valley City.
Feb. 24 — U.S. Bank, 922 E. 2100 South; and Chase Bank, 1306 E. Woodland Ave.
Police say the two robberies Feb. 24 were committed within 45 minutes of each other. The suspect changed clothes between the first and second robbery but both times handed a teller a note demanding money. The suspect in those robberies also had a goatee, but some witnesses told police it looked fake.
Bacon is believed to be traveling with his ex-wife, according to Salt Lake City police. His last known residence was a Salt Lake homeless shelter, according to police.
Bacon is 5 feet 11 inches tall, weighs about 200 pounds and is described as having a tanned, weathered face, a large nose and blue eyes. He's also balding, police said.
Bacon and his ex-wife were believed to be driving a stolen white 1994 Pontiac Sunbird with Utah license plate Y848PP.
Anyone with information about Bacon can call 801-799-3000 or send anonymous tips by texting the keyword TIPSLCPD to 274637.
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- Salt Lake man killed, 3 others injured in...
- 2 Kearns men not wearing seat belts killed in...
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 73
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17