Police link bank robberies, hope to bring home Bacon
Salt Lake City Police Department
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are seeking a man in connection with a series of recent bank robberies throughout Salt Lake and Davis counties.
Salt Lake City police say Michael Bacon, 45, is linked to at least five robberies in February:
Feb. 2 — Zions Bank, 870 N. U.S. 89, North Salt Lake.
Feb. 19 — Mountain America Credit Union, 735 S. State St.
Feb. 21 — Zions Bank, 3712 W. 3500 South, West Valley City.
Feb. 24 — U.S. Bank, 922 E. 2100 South; and Chase Bank, 1306 E. Woodland Ave.
Police say the two robberies Feb. 24 were committed within 45 minutes of each other. The suspect changed clothes between the first and second robbery but both times handed a teller a note demanding money. The suspect in those robberies also had a goatee, but some witnesses told police it looked fake.
Bacon is believed to be traveling with his ex-wife, according to Salt Lake City police. His last known residence was a Salt Lake homeless shelter, according to police.
Bacon is 5 feet 11 inches tall, weighs about 200 pounds and is described as having a tanned, weathered face, a large nose and blue eyes. He's also balding, police said.
Bacon and his ex-wife were believed to be driving a stolen white 1994 Pontiac Sunbird with Utah license plate Y848PP.
Anyone with information about Bacon can call 801-799-3000 or send anonymous tips by texting the keyword TIPSLCPD to 274637.
- The 25 most educated cities in America: Where...
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- UHP locates owner of doghouse that sparked...
- Man dies in head-on collision after truck...
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder Keith...
- Man killed in hostage standoff with West...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump over...
- Don't underestimate the glitter and the pink:...
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 68
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 58
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Utahns join nationwide protests against... 24
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 16
- 'A war on talent': Jobless rate at 3.6... 15
- Herriman residents upset rehab facility... 13