Fort Lauderdale Florida Temple opens to media, interior pictures released
Randy Collier, Copyright © 2014 LDS Church
DAVIE, Fla. — After almost three years of construction, the Fort Lauderdale Florida Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will open for visitors this weekend.
Saturday, March 29, is the first day of the open house, in which the public is invited to walk through the temple. The open house will continue until April 19.
Earlier this week, members of the media were invited inside. A Florida news station, Local 10, reported on the LDS temple after reporter Liane Morejon toured the building.
"We did get a chance to look inside; members of the media were welcome to do so," Morejon said in the news report.
"But what was not welcome inside, though, were our cameras. So the video you are going to see that shows the interior of this temple was provided to us by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was inside, though; I can tell you that exactly what you are going to see is exactly what I saw."
When describing the temple, Morejon used adjectives such as palatial, beautiful, luxurious and cloudlike.
Toward the end of the news segment, Morejon encouraged those who have questions about the LDS Church to visit the temple.
"I had all of my questions answered today about the Mormon faith," Morejon said, "so if you think you have any, you're definitely invited to come in and check it out."
The temple will be dedicated Sunday, May 4, according to Mormon Newsroom. The dedication will include three sessions that will be broadcast to church units in Florida. In conjunction with the dedication, a cultural celebration will take place Saturday, May 3.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Chinese group provides home for new LDS converts
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 7
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5