Westminster lacrosse: women's team travels to Mile High Invitational
The Westminster College women’s lacrosse team travels to Boulder, Colo., this weekend for two games at the Mile High Invitational hosted by the University of Colorado. Westminster opens the trip Friday when it faces No. 3 Michigan Club at 6 pm. MDT. The Griffins then face No. 8 Texas on Saturday at 4 p.m. Both games will be played at Kitterdige Field.
Westminster travels to Boulder at 3-3 overall this season and 0-1 in Rocky Mountain Women’s Lacrosse League games. The Griffins have alternated wins and losses in each of their past four games and are 2-2 in games played at a neutral site this season. The Griffins are also 0-1 against national ranked opponents this season.
The Griffins have scored in double figures in all six games this season and twice scored 20 goals in a game. They are averaging 16.33 goals per game entering the weekend while scoring 37 goals in the past two outings. Westminster is taking 30.5 shots per game and putting 53.6 percent of those attempts on cage. The Griffins also have 41 assists with an assist being recorded on 41.8 percent of their goals scored.
Westminster opponents are averaging 12.17 goals per game and have reached double figures in three of the six games played. The opposition attempts 25.7 shots per game with 47.4 percent on cage. The Griffins also have totaled 19 assists with a 26.0 assist percentage.
Westminster has claimed 101 draw controls to just 73 from the opposition, and the Griffins have picked up 101 ground balls while committing 74 turnovers.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22