Health care is no game, but will your family win or lose under Obamacare?
David Chase, director of the Small Business Majority in California, a national nonprofit small business advocacy organization, believes he sees a slight decrease in the degree to which health care costs are rising. Despite some glitches state by state, people are signing up. But the confusion is not helpful, he said, and there’s a lot of misinformation that his organization tries to explain so people can make the right decisions for their families.
“I think we’re probably a couple of years away from knowing how well it works,” Chase said. “Websites are not all working correctly, provisions are being delayed. The health care law was a political compromise, an attempt to meet in the middle, and things are not perfect. What I’d like is for Congress to be a little more bipartisan.”
Some are trying to cut through the political chatter. In a comprehensive guide called “Understanding Obamacare,” Politico’s David Nather summarizes some of the speculation about the ACA and provides a detailed look at the law's provisions. The Kaiser Family Foundation has created a frequently asked question tool that allows families to input their situations and ask how ACA will affect them. Retirees, divorcees, stepparents, single moms, those with jobs and those who want them are writing in by the hundreds.
Brown believes some people will determine for themselves whether they become winners or losers under ACA. The winners will be those who ask questions, attend forums or use a subsidy calculator to see if they can get help with the cost of coverage, she said. Whatever happens in the future, Brown said, the ACA is a law today, with real penalties and a deadline that’s very nearly here.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: Loisco
- Arizona mom makes Halloween costumes a fun...
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- The Clean Cut: 'Studio C' releases 3 'Hunger...
- Marvel Studios unveils next 11 movies, from...
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- Forget about feelings, real love is a...
- Marriage isn’t about romance
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 42
- Days before deadline, brain cancer... 17
- West Jordan boy loses battle with... 15
- Marriage isn’t about romance 13
- Parental complaints result in racy... 11
- LDS couple with triplets expecting... 8
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love/hate... 6
- When parents are desensitized, what... 6