Health care is no game, but will your family win or lose under Obamacare?
David Chase, director of the Small Business Majority in California, a national nonprofit small business advocacy organization, believes he sees a slight decrease in the degree to which health care costs are rising. Despite some glitches state by state, people are signing up. But the confusion is not helpful, he said, and there’s a lot of misinformation that his organization tries to explain so people can make the right decisions for their families.
“I think we’re probably a couple of years away from knowing how well it works,” Chase said. “Websites are not all working correctly, provisions are being delayed. The health care law was a political compromise, an attempt to meet in the middle, and things are not perfect. What I’d like is for Congress to be a little more bipartisan.”
Some are trying to cut through the political chatter. In a comprehensive guide called “Understanding Obamacare,” Politico’s David Nather summarizes some of the speculation about the ACA and provides a detailed look at the law's provisions. The Kaiser Family Foundation has created a frequently asked question tool that allows families to input their situations and ask how ACA will affect them. Retirees, divorcees, stepparents, single moms, those with jobs and those who want them are writing in by the hundreds.
Brown believes some people will determine for themselves whether they become winners or losers under ACA. The winners will be those who ask questions, attend forums or use a subsidy calculator to see if they can get help with the cost of coverage, she said. Whatever happens in the future, Brown said, the ACA is a law today, with real penalties and a deadline that’s very nearly here.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: Loisco
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- Where are all the good Fourth of July movies?
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of July...
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop yelling...
- 4 ways to guarantee your kids will have a...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 88
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 26
- In our opinion: Declaration of... 21
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 8
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom... 4
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of... 3
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop... 3