Utah basketball: Ute star Delon Wright tells Larry Krystkowiak he's coming back
Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah guard Delon Wright, who became the first player from the program to earn first-team all-conference honors from the Pac-12, informed head coach Larry Krystkowiak in a meeting Wednesday that he plans to return for his senior season.
Wright, a 6-foot-5 junior college transfer, was a major factor in the Utes’ first winning season since 2008-09. He averaged 15.5 points, 6.8 rebounds, 5.3 assists, 2.5 steals and 1.3 blocks as Utah went 21-12 and participated in the National Invitation Tournament.
ACADEMIC HONOREES: The Utes placed a record five players on the Pac-12’s all-academic squad. Jeremy Olsen (3.77 GPA, accounting) and Brandon Taylor (3.71 GPA, psychology) were on the first team, while Dallin Bachynski, Renan Lenz and Dakarai Tucker made the honorable mention list.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 57
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 38
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34