Utah basketball: Ute star Delon Wright tells Larry Krystkowiak he's coming back
Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah guard Delon Wright, who became the first player from the program to earn first-team all-conference honors from the Pac-12, informed head coach Larry Krystkowiak in a meeting Wednesday that he plans to return for his senior season.
Wright, a 6-foot-5 junior college transfer, was a major factor in the Utes’ first winning season since 2008-09. He averaged 15.5 points, 6.8 rebounds, 5.3 assists, 2.5 steals and 1.3 blocks as Utah went 21-12 and participated in the National Invitation Tournament.
ACADEMIC HONOREES: The Utes placed a record five players on the Pac-12’s all-academic squad. Jeremy Olsen (3.77 GPA, accounting) and Brandon Taylor (3.71 GPA, psychology) were on the first team, while Dallin Bachynski, Renan Lenz and Dakarai Tucker made the honorable mention list.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37