Utah basketball: Ute star Delon Wright tells Larry Krystkowiak he's coming back
Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah guard Delon Wright, who became the first player from the program to earn first-team all-conference honors from the Pac-12, informed head coach Larry Krystkowiak in a meeting Wednesday that he plans to return for his senior season.
Wright, a 6-foot-5 junior college transfer, was a major factor in the Utes’ first winning season since 2008-09. He averaged 15.5 points, 6.8 rebounds, 5.3 assists, 2.5 steals and 1.3 blocks as Utah went 21-12 and participated in the National Invitation Tournament.
ACADEMIC HONOREES: The Utes placed a record five players on the Pac-12’s all-academic squad. Jeremy Olsen (3.77 GPA, accounting) and Brandon Taylor (3.71 GPA, psychology) were on the first team, while Dallin Bachynski, Renan Lenz and Dakarai Tucker made the honorable mention list.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18