Utah basketball: Ute star Delon Wright tells Larry Krystkowiak he's coming back
Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah guard Delon Wright, who became the first player from the program to earn first-team all-conference honors from the Pac-12, informed head coach Larry Krystkowiak in a meeting Wednesday that he plans to return for his senior season.
Wright, a 6-foot-5 junior college transfer, was a major factor in the Utes’ first winning season since 2008-09. He averaged 15.5 points, 6.8 rebounds, 5.3 assists, 2.5 steals and 1.3 blocks as Utah went 21-12 and participated in the National Invitation Tournament.
ACADEMIC HONOREES: The Utes placed a record five players on the Pac-12’s all-academic squad. Jeremy Olsen (3.77 GPA, accounting) and Brandon Taylor (3.71 GPA, psychology) were on the first team, while Dallin Bachynski, Renan Lenz and Dakarai Tucker made the honorable mention list.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21