Charges: Woman tried to set ex's house on fire with bacon
NAPLES, Uintah County — A Uintah County woman is accused of trying to set fire to her ex-boyfriend's home with a pound of bacon left burning on a gas stove.
Cameo Adawn Crispi, 31, was charged Wednesday in 8th District Court with arson, a third-degree felony.
Crispi's ex-boyfriend called Naples police March 14 to report that he'd received "multiple phone calls and texts" from her in an hour and wanted it to stop, according to charging documents. He also said he did not want her at his home.
An officer went to the home. He said Crispi was obviously impaired and there was smoke coming out the front door.
"I asked to come in and observed a wood stove left open with a fire burning inside and hot coals on the floor around the stove," the officer wrote, noting that he also found a cookie sheet loaded with a pound of bacon sitting on top of the kitchen stove.
"I observed the burner to be on the setting 'High' and the bacon to be severely burned and smoking badly," the officer wrote.
The officer stopped the spread of the fire and arrested Crispi, who had a blood-alcohol content of 0.346, the charges state. Due to her impaired state, she was taken to the hospital for a medical clearance before being booked into jail.
"The doctor asked her about the fire and she stated she was attempting to start a fire in the house to get back at (her ex-boyfriend)," the charges state.
In addition to the arson charge, Crispi is also charged with burglary, assault by a prisoner, interfering with an arresting officer, electronic communication harassment and intoxication. She is due in court April 14.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Draper house explodes into flames,...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Deseret News Classic: Marathon, half...
- Volunteers provide clothing, food, flip-flops...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 16
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 13