BYU track: Cougars split for UVU, Texas Relays and Aztec Invitational
Women’s track and field will be splitting up and traveling to three meets this weekend, the prestigious Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays, the UVU Collegiate and the Aztec Invitational.
“The good thing about the early season is that we are just trying to get lots of people lots of opportunities to succeed wherever is best for them,” coach Mark Robison said. “So we are hoping for good weather in Utah and we know that there will be phenomenal competition at Texas Relays and in San Diego.”
The Texas Relays Invitational is one of the most prestigious track events in the country and will have more than 6,000 athletes competing to earn their places at nationals and their respective regional meets. Senior Rachel Fisher will be competing in the pole vault at the Texas Relays, and freshman Brenna Porter will be participating in the 400m hurdles.
Chloe Richardson will be competing in the triple jump at the UVU Collegiate meet on Friday. The UVU Collegiate meet had its inaugural meet in 2010 and will showcase some of the best talent in the state of Utah.
The Aztec Invitational is designed as two separate meets on Friday and Saturday, giving the athletes more opportunities to compete in their various events.
UVU Collegiate will publish live stats on the RunnerCard website. The UVU meet will begin at 8:30 a.m. MDT at Hal Wing Track and Field in Orem, Utah.
The Aztec Invitational will begin Friday at the AzTrack at SDSU sports deck. Visit the Aztecs website for complete meet information including events schedule, competitors and results.
At the Texas Relays, the collegiate events will begin Friday evening at Mike A. Myers Stadium in Austin. The opening ceremonies will take place on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. CDT. Visit Texas' website for a complete list of information including ticket sales, meet schedule, live results, social media and live radio and television coverage.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- 10 local storylines to follow as NFL training...
- Rock On: Props for Mitt and 'Tag
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise; is BYU...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- BYU basketball officially adds transfer guard...
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to transfer to UVU
- College football countdown No. 36: BYU...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 29
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- The Clean Cut: New BYU football video... 15