Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
DAY 4: The Utes were able to get some live work in for the first time this spring — getting in about 50 reps on a sunny day on the grass practice field Tuesday.
“That’s where you really start to see separation and guys that can make plays and guys stepping up,” said Utah coach Kyle Whittingham. “And we saw a lot of that today, particularly out of the offensive guys.”
STANDOUTS: Whittingham said the running backs looked really good. Devontae Booker, Troy McCormick and Bubba Poole drew the highest praise.
NEXT UP: The Utes resume camp Thursday on the practice field behind the Spence and Cleone Eccles Football Center from 3-5 p.m. Practice is open to the public.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28