Gun control is one of the touchiest subjects in our society today. As a conservative gun owner, it is extremely difficult to argue and discount the tragic, yet ubiquitous deaths that involve firearms.
Most saddening among these occurrences are ones involving children and young adults who kill or harm others through their ignorance or misunderstanding of a firearm. It is absolutely despicable that a young child would be able to access his or her parents' weapons. Those who keep guns in their home need to make absolutely sure that there can be no potential for these tragic accidents to occur.
Any gun owner who is unable to secure their firearms safely needs to have them revoked completely. There need to be stricter certifications for people to own guns so that we do not have such awful occurrences.
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 43
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Condoning torture 30
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 25
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 25