Gun control is one of the touchiest subjects in our society today. As a conservative gun owner, it is extremely difficult to argue and discount the tragic, yet ubiquitous deaths that involve firearms.
Most saddening among these occurrences are ones involving children and young adults who kill or harm others through their ignorance or misunderstanding of a firearm. It is absolutely despicable that a young child would be able to access his or her parents' weapons. Those who keep guns in their home need to make absolutely sure that there can be no potential for these tragic accidents to occur.
Any gun owner who is unable to secure their firearms safely needs to have them revoked completely. There need to be stricter certifications for people to own guns so that we do not have such awful occurrences.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25