Gun control is one of the touchiest subjects in our society today. As a conservative gun owner, it is extremely difficult to argue and discount the tragic, yet ubiquitous deaths that involve firearms.
Most saddening among these occurrences are ones involving children and young adults who kill or harm others through their ignorance or misunderstanding of a firearm. It is absolutely despicable that a young child would be able to access his or her parents' weapons. Those who keep guns in their home need to make absolutely sure that there can be no potential for these tragic accidents to occur.
Any gun owner who is unable to secure their firearms safely needs to have them revoked completely. There need to be stricter certifications for people to own guns so that we do not have such awful occurrences.
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 26
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 15
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14