Gun control is one of the touchiest subjects in our society today. As a conservative gun owner, it is extremely difficult to argue and discount the tragic, yet ubiquitous deaths that involve firearms.
Most saddening among these occurrences are ones involving children and young adults who kill or harm others through their ignorance or misunderstanding of a firearm. It is absolutely despicable that a young child would be able to access his or her parents' weapons. Those who keep guns in their home need to make absolutely sure that there can be no potential for these tragic accidents to occur.
Any gun owner who is unable to secure their firearms safely needs to have them revoked completely. There need to be stricter certifications for people to own guns so that we do not have such awful occurrences.
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Letter: Our public lands
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19