The University of Utah gymnastics team won the Pac-12 championship on Saturday. But its accomplishment didn't even make the front page of the sports section. The story was buried on page D13 of Sunday's paper.
A championship for a college team is big news! Sometimes it even makes the front page. But I guess that only happens if it's in football or basketball. Winning a single basketball game was enough for the BYU women's team to be featured on the sports section. What a shame that such a huge achievement by the Utah women was reported where fewer people could notice and celebrate it.
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 34
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28