The University of Utah gymnastics team won the Pac-12 championship on Saturday. But its accomplishment didn't even make the front page of the sports section. The story was buried on page D13 of Sunday's paper.
A championship for a college team is big news! Sometimes it even makes the front page. But I guess that only happens if it's in football or basketball. Winning a single basketball game was enough for the BYU women's team to be featured on the sports section. What a shame that such a huge achievement by the Utah women was reported where fewer people could notice and celebrate it.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- My view: A global warming solution to... 35