WEST VALLEY CITY — Ten Granite School District educators have been selected as recipients of the 2014 Excel Award, which recognizes educators who incite intellectual curiosity in students, engage them thoroughly in the enterprise of learning, and exhibit a lifelong impact.
The honorees are Ruth Adolphson, Cyprus High School; Robin Farnsworth, Neil Armstrong Academy; Le Vuong, Bennion Junior High School; Mark Grant, Evergreen Junior High School; Keri Graybill, Granite Park Junior High School; Sharon Hall, Christmas Box House; Rachel Jensen, Calvin S. Smith Elementary School; Heidi Parkin, Spring Lane Elementary School; Amber Tuckness, Cottonwood High School; and Sarah Waddoups, Oakwood Elementary School.
"Those being honored are true classroom heroes," said Brent Severe, Granite Education Foundation CEO. "They are the men and women responsible for molding and preparing our children to meet the challenges of the 21st century."
This year is the first time an educator from the Christmas Box House has been selected as an Excel Award recipient. The Christmas Box House provides emergency residential shelter and resources for children in state custody due to alleged abuse or neglect.
The 10 individuals each will receive $1,000 in addition to gifts and prizes from community business partners and advocates of public education. A ceremony will be held to honor the recipients at 7 p.m. Friday, May 2, in the auditorium at Granger High School, 3580 S. 3600 West. The Excel Award Ceremony is free and open to the public.
- Scientists work toward storing digital...
- The shift in the way society values kindergarten
- USU student named to state Board of Regents
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Looking for a new job? Here is a way to...
- How to keep childcare employees from going...
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 39
- The shift in the way society values... 2
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's... 2
- Looking for a new job? Here is a way to... 2
- Scientists work toward storing digital... 1
- How to keep childcare employees from... 1
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's... 1
- Latino youths gain leadership... 1