The women behind the "Six Sisters' Stuff" blog, and the new cookbook "A Year with Six Sisters' Stuff: 52 Menu Plans, Recipes and Ideas to Bring Families Together" (Shadow Mountain, $21.99), offered tips to help mealtimes go smoother.
Plan ahead. Make mealtime a breeze by planning ahead what recipes you'll be making for dinner that week to save you multiple trips to the store before dinner. — Kristen Hills
Utilize leftovers. You can often reuse main ingredients from previous meals. If you have leftover chicken, find a different way to use it! — Stephanie Loaiza
Set a time. Pick a time that you will serve dinner every night so you know how long you have to prepare your meal. — Camille Beckstrand
Be consistent. Having dinner together as a family will help you develop a habit of having home-cooked meals and eating together as a family. — Elyse Ellis
Prepare ahead of time. If you know you will be busy later in the day, prepare some of your dinner ingredients in the morning to help make dinner quickly. — Lauren Adamson
Make dinner fun. Engage your kids in conversation, let them help prepare their food or use finger foods. — Kendra Adamson
Try different ways to prepare dinner. Using your slow cooker is a great way to make mealtime easier. You can put all the recipe ingredients in your slow cooker in the morning and have a delicious meal ready by dinnertime. Casseroles and one-dish meals can often help you get dinner on the table without having to dirty a lot of dishes. — Cyd Adamson, mother
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- Harry Potter trivia quiz: Can you get 10...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Motherhood Matters: How to control a teenager
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of...
- Managing your loved one's digital estate...
- Guest commentary: Kids don't need to train...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 15
- It's safe to vaccinate kids —... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 6
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Many adults delay parenthood for these... 3
- Guest commentary: Kids don't need to... 3