The women behind the "Six Sisters' Stuff" blog, and the new cookbook "A Year with Six Sisters' Stuff: 52 Menu Plans, Recipes and Ideas to Bring Families Together" (Shadow Mountain, $21.99), offered tips to help mealtimes go smoother.
Plan ahead. Make mealtime a breeze by planning ahead what recipes you'll be making for dinner that week to save you multiple trips to the store before dinner. — Kristen Hills
Utilize leftovers. You can often reuse main ingredients from previous meals. If you have leftover chicken, find a different way to use it! — Stephanie Loaiza
Set a time. Pick a time that you will serve dinner every night so you know how long you have to prepare your meal. — Camille Beckstrand
Be consistent. Having dinner together as a family will help you develop a habit of having home-cooked meals and eating together as a family. — Elyse Ellis
Prepare ahead of time. If you know you will be busy later in the day, prepare some of your dinner ingredients in the morning to help make dinner quickly. — Lauren Adamson
Make dinner fun. Engage your kids in conversation, let them help prepare their food or use finger foods. — Kendra Adamson
Try different ways to prepare dinner. Using your slow cooker is a great way to make mealtime easier. You can put all the recipe ingredients in your slow cooker in the morning and have a delicious meal ready by dinnertime. Casseroles and one-dish meals can often help you get dinner on the table without having to dirty a lot of dishes. — Cyd Adamson, mother
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- The cost of child care trumps rent —...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker performs tribute to...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- The cost of child care trumps rent... 3
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Your presence is... 2
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending 2