Tom Smart, Deseret News
Igor Bobkov of the Utah Grizzlies is the CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for the week of March 17-23. He also won the award for the week ending Feb. 2.
Bobkov went 3-0-0 with a 1.33 goals-against average and a .950 save percentage in three appearances last week.
The 24 year old turned aside 22 shots in a 2-1 win against Stockton on Wednesday, made 24 saves in a 4-2 victory over Colorado on Friday and stopped 30 shots in a 4-1 win against Idaho on Saturday.
Selected in the third round by the Anaheim Ducks in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Bobkov is 16-6-4 with two shutouts in 26 appearances with Utah this season. He is third in the ECHL with a 2.07 goals-against average and is tied for fifth in the league with a .921 save percentage. The ECHL Goaltender of the Month for February, Bobkov is 15-2-2 in his last 19 decisions and has allowed two goals or less in 16 of his 26 games.
A native of Surgut, Russia, Bobkov has also appeared in eight games with Norfolk of the American Hockey League this season where he is 5-2-1 with one shutout, a 2.45 goals-against average and a save percentage of .919.
The Grizzlies return to action Wednesday in Colorado. Faceoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22