Tom Smart, Deseret News
Igor Bobkov of the Utah Grizzlies is the CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for the week of March 17-23. He also won the award for the week ending Feb. 2.
Bobkov went 3-0-0 with a 1.33 goals-against average and a .950 save percentage in three appearances last week.
The 24 year old turned aside 22 shots in a 2-1 win against Stockton on Wednesday, made 24 saves in a 4-2 victory over Colorado on Friday and stopped 30 shots in a 4-1 win against Idaho on Saturday.
Selected in the third round by the Anaheim Ducks in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Bobkov is 16-6-4 with two shutouts in 26 appearances with Utah this season. He is third in the ECHL with a 2.07 goals-against average and is tied for fifth in the league with a .921 save percentage. The ECHL Goaltender of the Month for February, Bobkov is 15-2-2 in his last 19 decisions and has allowed two goals or less in 16 of his 26 games.
A native of Surgut, Russia, Bobkov has also appeared in eight games with Norfolk of the American Hockey League this season where he is 5-2-1 with one shutout, a 2.45 goals-against average and a save percentage of .919.
The Grizzlies return to action Wednesday in Colorado. Faceoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34