Candace Cameron Bure continues to stand by Christian values, reserves certain things for her husband
ABC / YouTube
Last week, "Full House" star Candace Cameron Bure wasn't shy about how her Christian faith and her roles as a wife and mother would affect her dancing and apparel choices on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."
"I won't be the sexiest one out there," Bure told US magazine. "I am a mom, and I want to be a good role model for my children and my husband. But I think for each dance we'll wear what reflects the dance but in the most classy way possible."
Bure's statements were well-received and shared on social media by many other wives, mothers and Christians who share her stance.
This Monday, when Bure and her partner Mark Ballas were assigned to dance the rumba, Bure remained committed to keeping the routine clean.
"I'm a Christian, my life resolves around my relationship with Jesus Christ," Bure said on the show Monday. "So with the overall tone of the dance or the costumes, I'm not going to take a backseat. My voice will definitely be heard."
But even with those stipulations, Bure explained her ability to still feel attractive.
"I feel like a sexual woman. I've been married for 18 years. I am a sexual woman," Bure said on the show. "But I want to reserve certain things for my husband. So we did, I think, the best that we could with the rumba that I still felt comfortable doing."
Judges were not as impressed with Bure's performance this week, which resulted in a score of 21 out 30 points.
Many who relate with Bure have already declared their support for the Christian actress again on social media and in blog posts.
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Over and out: TV flops, exits and endings in...
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 7
- Black Captain America leading comic... 6
- What did Utahns search for in 2014?... 6
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 3
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2