Candace Cameron Bure continues to stand by Christian values, reserves certain things for her husband
ABC / YouTube
Last week, "Full House" star Candace Cameron Bure wasn't shy about how her Christian faith and her roles as a wife and mother would affect her dancing and apparel choices on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."
"I won't be the sexiest one out there," Bure told US magazine. "I am a mom, and I want to be a good role model for my children and my husband. But I think for each dance we'll wear what reflects the dance but in the most classy way possible."
Bure's statements were well-received and shared on social media by many other wives, mothers and Christians who share her stance.
This Monday, when Bure and her partner Mark Ballas were assigned to dance the rumba, Bure remained committed to keeping the routine clean.
"I'm a Christian, my life resolves around my relationship with Jesus Christ," Bure said on the show Monday. "So with the overall tone of the dance or the costumes, I'm not going to take a backseat. My voice will definitely be heard."
But even with those stipulations, Bure explained her ability to still feel attractive.
"I feel like a sexual woman. I've been married for 18 years. I am a sexual woman," Bure said on the show. "But I want to reserve certain things for my husband. So we did, I think, the best that we could with the rumba that I still felt comfortable doing."
Judges were not as impressed with Bure's performance this week, which resulted in a score of 21 out 30 points.
Many who relate with Bure have already declared their support for the Christian actress again on social media and in blog posts.
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Why 'The Cosby Show' still matters 30 years...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 129
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 26
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6