Candace Cameron Bure continues to stand by Christian values, reserves certain things for her husband
ABC / YouTube
Last week, "Full House" star Candace Cameron Bure wasn't shy about how her Christian faith and her roles as a wife and mother would affect her dancing and apparel choices on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."
"I won't be the sexiest one out there," Bure told US magazine. "I am a mom, and I want to be a good role model for my children and my husband. But I think for each dance we'll wear what reflects the dance but in the most classy way possible."
Bure's statements were well-received and shared on social media by many other wives, mothers and Christians who share her stance.
This Monday, when Bure and her partner Mark Ballas were assigned to dance the rumba, Bure remained committed to keeping the routine clean.
"I'm a Christian, my life resolves around my relationship with Jesus Christ," Bure said on the show Monday. "So with the overall tone of the dance or the costumes, I'm not going to take a backseat. My voice will definitely be heard."
But even with those stipulations, Bure explained her ability to still feel attractive.
"I feel like a sexual woman. I've been married for 18 years. I am a sexual woman," Bure said on the show. "But I want to reserve certain things for my husband. So we did, I think, the best that we could with the rumba that I still felt comfortable doing."
Judges were not as impressed with Bure's performance this week, which resulted in a score of 21 out 30 points.
Many who relate with Bure have already declared their support for the Christian actress again on social media and in blog posts.
- How your premarital experiences can affect...
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy: The...
- Couple struggling with fertility now...
- The Clean Cut: Little League coach delivers...
- How to talk to your kids about porn
- Utah's One Voice Children's Choir to perform...
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of...
- 32 pictures capture priceless family moments...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 49
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of... 27
- How your premarital experiences can... 11
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 9
- Want to increase attraction in your... 7
- One way dads have it easier at the office 7
- Kids' brains reorganize when learning... 5
- Innovative legal service helps those... 4