Utah has again demonstrated that it is the most generous state in the nation. During Love UT Give UT, 10,562 Utahns contributed $1,058,839 to 460 of their favorite nonprofits and schools.
Congratulations are due to the winners of our friendly competition for the most number of individual donors: the Girl Scouts in large nonprofits, the Sharing Place in the medium group, Utah FACES in the small category, and Salt Lake Arts Academy in schools and universities.
This is a community effort, supported by more than 50 businesses, foundations and associations. Special events were held in towns across Utah, DJs pushed their favorite charities, and a live stream-a-thon was held at "Love Central" at the Gallivan Center in Salt Lake City. We are grateful to our presenting sponsor, Mountain America Credit Union and the lead sponsors: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Foundation, Ally Bank and Chevron, whose support created an astonishing 1,700 percent return on investment!
The Community Foundation of Utah is a catalyst for philanthropy that is visionary, sustainable and inclusive. Love UT Give UT, and the response it engenders, is a demonstration of our mission. Thank you to all who heard the call to "give where you live."
Salt Lake City
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 109
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 46
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 33