Ogden police capture man suspected of stealing police vehicle
OGDEN — Ogden police captured a man suspected of stealing an unmarked police vehicle Sunday.
Ogden officers received a call from Sunset police saying the man might in the area of 23rd Street and Wall Avenue. When officers spotted the man, he ran across a parking lot into an abandoned building, Ogden Police Lt. Steve Zaccardi said. They found him hiding in a crawl space.
The man told them he overheard them talking about bringing in a police dog for the search, he said.
"He mentioned that when he heard that, he knew that he was going to get caught, so he figured instead of getting bit, he'd just give up," Zaccardi said.
Sunset police came and took Nathan Joseph Ward, 26, into custody.
Police had arrested Ward earlier Sunday in connection with a residential burglary. He was able to get away and allegedly steal an unmarked 2014 Dodge Durango police vehicle. Officers found it abandoned near 26th Street and F Avenue in Ogden.
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Probation ordered for Centerville couple in...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Heber boy in custody battle found in Tulsa...
- Gov. Gary Herbert, Jonathan Johnson... 50
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 47
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 39
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27