Ogden police capture man suspected of stealing police vehicle
OGDEN — Ogden police captured a man suspected of stealing an unmarked police vehicle Sunday.
Ogden officers received a call from Sunset police saying the man might in the area of 23rd Street and Wall Avenue. When officers spotted the man, he ran across a parking lot into an abandoned building, Ogden Police Lt. Steve Zaccardi said. They found him hiding in a crawl space.
The man told them he overheard them talking about bringing in a police dog for the search, he said.
"He mentioned that when he heard that, he knew that he was going to get caught, so he figured instead of getting bit, he'd just give up," Zaccardi said.
Sunset police came and took Nathan Joseph Ward, 26, into custody.
Police had arrested Ward earlier Sunday in connection with a residential burglary. He was able to get away and allegedly steal an unmarked 2014 Dodge Durango police vehicle. Officers found it abandoned near 26th Street and F Avenue in Ogden.
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Romney decision not to run again disappoints...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- State School Board explores budget cuts as...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 204
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 150
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- Romney decision not to run again... 38
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 21