Ogden police capture man suspected of stealing police vehicle
OGDEN — Ogden police captured a man suspected of stealing an unmarked police vehicle Sunday.
Ogden officers received a call from Sunset police saying the man might in the area of 23rd Street and Wall Avenue. When officers spotted the man, he ran across a parking lot into an abandoned building, Ogden Police Lt. Steve Zaccardi said. They found him hiding in a crawl space.
The man told them he overheard them talking about bringing in a police dog for the search, he said.
"He mentioned that when he heard that, he knew that he was going to get caught, so he figured instead of getting bit, he'd just give up," Zaccardi said.
Sunset police came and took Nathan Joseph Ward, 26, into custody.
Police had arrested Ward earlier Sunday in connection with a residential burglary. He was able to get away and allegedly steal an unmarked 2014 Dodge Durango police vehicle. Officers found it abandoned near 26th Street and F Avenue in Ogden.
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- About Utah: They got exactly what they wished...
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Mill Creek restoration project to offer new...
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Support for law requiring sales tax for...
- Ex-Attorney General Mark Shurtleff pleads not...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 57
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 50
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 37
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 28
- Father, son used LDS Church membership... 25
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- 'No more red herrings' for Medicaid... 18
- Teenage girl bullied relentlessly gets... 14