Ogden police capture man suspected of stealing police vehicle
OGDEN — Ogden police captured a man suspected of stealing an unmarked police vehicle Sunday.
Ogden officers received a call from Sunset police saying the man might in the area of 23rd Street and Wall Avenue. When officers spotted the man, he ran across a parking lot into an abandoned building, Ogden Police Lt. Steve Zaccardi said. They found him hiding in a crawl space.
The man told them he overheard them talking about bringing in a police dog for the search, he said.
"He mentioned that when he heard that, he knew that he was going to get caught, so he figured instead of getting bit, he'd just give up," Zaccardi said.
Sunset police came and took Nathan Joseph Ward, 26, into custody.
Police had arrested Ward earlier Sunday in connection with a residential burglary. He was able to get away and allegedly steal an unmarked 2014 Dodge Durango police vehicle. Officers found it abandoned near 26th Street and F Avenue in Ogden.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 30
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 19
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12