Ogden police capture man suspected of stealing police vehicle
OGDEN — Ogden police captured a man suspected of stealing an unmarked police vehicle Sunday.
Ogden officers received a call from Sunset police saying the man might in the area of 23rd Street and Wall Avenue. When officers spotted the man, he ran across a parking lot into an abandoned building, Ogden Police Lt. Steve Zaccardi said. They found him hiding in a crawl space.
The man told them he overheard them talking about bringing in a police dog for the search, he said.
"He mentioned that when he heard that, he knew that he was going to get caught, so he figured instead of getting bit, he'd just give up," Zaccardi said.
Sunset police came and took Nathan Joseph Ward, 26, into custody.
Police had arrested Ward earlier Sunday in connection with a residential burglary. He was able to get away and allegedly steal an unmarked 2014 Dodge Durango police vehicle. Officers found it abandoned near 26th Street and F Avenue in Ogden.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8