Fire damages Utah County home, but all 12 occupants escape
PALMYRA, Utah County — An early morning fire caused extensive damage to a large house near Palmyra Sunday, fire officials said.
Smoke detectors and the smell of smoke awakened the home's occupants about 6:30 a.m., said Utah County Fire Marshal Jack Snow. All 12 were able to get out safely.
The blaze in the 6,000 square-foot house likely started in and around an air conditioning unit, Snow said. The lack of a water source in the area hampered efforts to put out the flames, he said. Water trucks from surrounding cities were called in.
Snow said the fire destroyed two rooms and filled the house with smoke. He estimated damage at more than $100,000.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10