The first crime was tumbling it off its perch, a rock that had stood steady for more than 2 million years, with the lame excuse they were protecting future visitors from possible harm. The second crime was the slap on the wrist given by the courts this week.
These two juvenile adults should have been fined $10,000 each, given 1,000 hours of community service and banned from state and national parks for 10 years. None of which will restore Goblin Valley State Park to its original condition.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 109
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 46
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 33