Utah Jazz: Lottery odds, pride at stake as Jazz, Magic square off
“They talk about it from the sideline, talk about it from wherever they’re from, but it’s difficult. If you compete, you’re trying to have a chance to win every night.”
That’s why Corbin is pleased with his team for not quitting despite what its record might indicate. Though the Jazz suffered their sixth-straight loss Wednesday in Memphis, Utah rallied out of an 18-point deficit at FedEx Forum and were tied with the Grizzlies in the final five minutes before succumbing in a 96-86 defeat.
While players and coaches are tired of losing, Corbin said the group continues to work.
“We all hate losing,” he said. “But (to have) the frustration where you stop working, stop trying to get better? No, these guys understand that we need to work every day to get better as a team and as individuals.”
At this point, that’s all he can ask, even if fans and media members are saying it’s better for them to lose the rest of their games to improve their lottery chances.
“I love working for the guys every day,” Corbin added. “Even though we’re going through what we’re going through, it’s fun coming into work and watching them come back and work every day.”
NBA DRAFT LOTTERY ODDS
Fourteen non-playoff teams qualify for the annual draft lottery, which will take place May 20. Here are the odds for the top three picks* (with the worst record having the greatest odds and so on):
- Ranking the best college running backs...
- You don't know Jack (Cooley)? Learn about...
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Contract delay keeps Utah Jazz rookie Trey...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: The resurrection of...
- Dick Harmon: A more confident Robert Anae...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Rodney Hood, Dante Exum highlight Utah Jazz...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 103
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 98
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 32
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 28
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 28
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield... 25
- BYU Cougars finish year with five... 24