The Utah Symphony is scheduled to honor the work of award-winning musical composers Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II March 27-29.
Principal pops conductor Jerry Steichen will lead the symphony and vocalists Lisa Vroman, soprano; Gary Mauer, tenor; William Michals, baritone; and the Utah Symphony Chorus.
Selections will include pieces written by Rodgers and Hammerstein together, as well as others that were written before the two joined forces. “The Sound of Music,” “Show Boat,” “Carousel” and “Oklahoma!” will be among the featured musicals.
The March 27 performance will take place at 7:30 p.m. at Weber State University’s Browning Center for the Performing Arts, 1901 University Circle, Ogden. Tickets to this performance are $26-$42 and are available online at symphonyballet.org or by phone at 801-399-9214.
The symphony will perform the same program March 28-29 at 8 p.m. at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple. Tickets to these performances are $18-$95 and are available online at arttix.org or by phone at 801-355-2787.
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- The Clean Cut: 'Dancing grandpa' throws down...
- Sherry Young: Moving — a life changing...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- 'Arrow' makes Green Arrow less goofy
- Float party gives thousands a sneak peek of...
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip... 3
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough... 2
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 2
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1
- 11 cartoon characters who buck stereotypes 1
- Sherry Young: Moving — a life... 1
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt... 1