Amy Grant sings scripture verse for Bible appreciation month
Christian artist Amy Grant recently spoke with Sirius XM: The Message, a Christian radio station, about the importance of memorizing Bible verses.
But when asked to repeat her favorite verse, Grant went one step further and sang a song she had arranged to help her memorize the words.
"Getting Bible verses in to your head where you don't have to look at the page is so important," Grant said. "Anytime I'm trying to memorize scripture, I just put it to music."
For the past three years, the Christian radio station has celebrated March as Bible appreciation month in preparation for Easter.
Many followers have expressed appreciation for Grant's video.
"This is so inspiring! Great way to start the day and look at Bible verses in a different light. Thanks for sharing," Sue Dreher wrote on Facebook.
Lillian Nelson also commented, "What a great way to remember scripture through music. I should try that, I have a hard time remembering a lot of scriptures."
See more Bible appreciation videos at Siriusxm.com.
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of prophets
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 46
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 8
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4
- Over half a million people attended... 4