According to the Washington Examiner,
“Pennsylvania Democrats reportedly were caught on tape accepting cash bribes, including one lawmaker who was paid to vote against a state voter identification law, but Democratic Attorney General Kathleen Kane shut down the investigation.
"‘Before Kane ended the investigation, sources familiar with the inquiry said, prosecutors amassed 400 hours of audio and videotape that documented at least four city Democrats taking payments in cash or money orders, and in one case a $2,000 Tiffany bracelet,' the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.”
When we see stories like this, where Democrats intervene in investigations to protect fellow Democrats, we should be proud of Utah’s House Republicans, who insisted on investigating the John Swallow corruption story. With their supermajority, they could have easily buried it.
Remember that the next time you hear someone bad-mouth Utah’s political system.
Salt Lake City
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 43
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21